Reducing energy consumption and increasing road safety can now go hand-in-hand with LED Roadway Lighting solutions from Jaquar. Choose from a wide range of durable and weather-resistant street light and flood light options in a choice of outputs to suit every road requirement.
Filament Bulb: Electric current heats a metal filament within halogen and incandescent light bulbs, producing light. Only 10% of the energy creates light; the remaining 90% is converted to heat. This holds true regardless of whether the bulb is made of clear or coloured glass.
Fluorescent Bulb:When a compact fluorescent light bulb is turned on, the gas inside produces light. 30% percent of the energy is utilized to create light, and the remaining 70% is used to generate heat. This is true regardless of whether the glass is clear or tinted.
LED Bulb:When electrons flow through semiconductor material, LEDs produce light. LEDs produce very little heat and are incredibly cool to the touch. LEDs come in a variety of colours, but they all produce the same amount of heat.
Coloured Bulbs:Regardless of the bulb's colour, the same amount of heat is produced to produce the light. Any coloured incandescent bulb will emit the most heat because it is the least efficient.
2. Which tubelight is better, LED or regular fluorescent?
Fluorescent lights contain mercury, a toxic substance that poses a waste disposal problem when the light is turned off. A limited quantity of hazardous mercury is released as a gas by broken bulbs, while the remainder is trapped in the glass itself.
Fluorescent lights are omnidirectional, which means light is emitted at a 360-degree angle. This is a significant system inefficiency because at least half of the light must be reflected and redirected to the desired location. It also means that more light fixture accessories are needed to reflect or focus the bulb’s luminous output (thus increasing unit costs).
Compared to other lighting technologies, LEDs have an extraordinarily long lifespan (including fluorescent lights).
In comparison to other commercially available lighting technologies, LEDs are particularly energy-efficient.
3. Can LED lighting harm our eyesight?
LED lights emit a significant amount of blue light that can disrupt sleeping habits and lead to eye illness over time.
LED lights do not emit near-infrared radiation, the good radiation which the sun emits.
The benefits of near-infrared radiation are numerous. It can easily permeate through the skin profoundly and clothes. In addition, the retinal cells are primed to repair and regenerate when this type of light strikes the retina. This is impossible to achieve with LED lights. As a result, they should not be the sole source of light during the day.
Another issue with LED lights is the significant amount of blue light they emit. In the visible spectrum, blue light has the shortest wavelength. It has been thoroughly investigated and widely acknowledged as hazardous to the eyes.
4. What are the best light bulbs for enclosures?
Please make sure the LED bulbs you purchase come with all the parts you’ll need to install them quickly & efficiently.
The latest LED enclosure lamps come with a variety of mounting options. You’ll also want to ensure that they won’t get in the way of routine maintenance once the lamps are in place. As a result, use lamps with a tiny footprint if at all possible.
You would like to connect and power many bulbs in series in most circumstances. Check whether you can join as many bulbs as you need across various enclosures and control them all together.
Some lights, for example, come with all of the components needed for numerous mounting options, but other brands may consider these to be optional & extras. In addition, some lamps can be controlled by a presence detector, which eliminates the need for a door switch and saves both time and money.
5. Are LED light bulbs worth the money?
Yes, definitely. Here’s why we say LED light bulbs are an absolute value for money.
As with many other items, you get what you pay for when it comes to LED lighting. The quality difference might be highly evident. However, when you consider maintenance, light quality, and energy savings, an initial investment in high-quality LED lights can save you money in the long term.
LED lights can last up to 22.8 years or 200,000 hours. Many low-cost bulbs can last up to 50,000 hours (5.7 years). That implies that you will have to buy four cheap bulbs for every high-quality bulb.
Most reputable LED manufacturers provide a guarantee on their products.
In the LED sector, there are several different colour temperatures. The whitest light in the light colour spectrum is 4200K – 4600K, the most natural to the human eye. The number indicates how warm the light is.
Choose LEDs at the higher end of the spectrum to avoid the green or blue colours that some LEDs produce. So, yes, LED light bulbs are worth their price, and you can get the best quality LED lights at Jaquar.
The information below is required for social login